Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing # 9: Useful Library-Related Blogs and News Feeds

Just when I think I might be getting a handle on things as far as blogging I encounter the next thing. I am not real clear on what I am doing but I am making the attempt with my older than dirt brain.

To me the easiet way to find a feed or blog is to go to google and enter keywords like newsfeeds or blog titles. In reviewing the search tools suggested on the lesson, I thought Topix.net was the easiest to use. I tried to register for the SBISD teacher blogs in Google Blog Search, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I am sure for others it was a breeze. The Syndic8 tool seemed promising at first, but every time I clicked a link it took foreveeeeeer to load, so I just quit looking at it.
The most useful feed, I hope, will be the Science and technology news feed from Topix and the most unusal I saw was their Offbeat feed. I think the inclusion of a standard feed icon in many websites will be very helpful to get a quick look at interesting feeds I might want to add to my reader.

No comments: