Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing # 14 Technorati and How Tags Work

This is my most challenging posting....so far. I believe I have a good understanding of tags and their use. I have less understanding of how to locate them, though I have managed to do so, maybe by accident. It seemed so simple at the outset. To me it was easier to navigate in Technorati, but then I am almost afraid to venture very far. In one search the blogs could be sorted by relevance. How in the world would that work? Maybe I missunderstood. For someone with poor organizational skills, tagging is great and hopefully will reduce the amount of time( which seems to disappear in enourmous chunks) searching. I have just begun to find out what pinging is and what widgets are. Surely as time goes on these will become clearer, whether I use them or not. For school, tagging would be essential to find relevant material in a hurry, and also get input from fellow teachers.

No comments: