Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing # 16- Wikis

Wikis seem to be one way to engage students in their own learning by making their education relevant to them. I see that lots of rules for use will be necessary, to maintain the integrity of the work the students do. But I also think that some students may be more inclined to participate. That being said, not all students are as attunted to the internet as we may think and some may even be resistant. I know, I just contradicted myself, but we have to be aware of the fact that students learn in different ways, and at different speeds. That doesn't mean I don't think we should'nt take advantage of using wikis, just be prepared for challenges that appear. Maybe this is my view because the wiki concept is so new to me. But I am willing to forge ahead.

Okay, I just read the assignment again, and I think I got off track. My experience in posting a comment on the Sandbox was at first confusing. I posted three times. I know that one appeared, although I am not sure it is in the right location.

No comments: