Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing # 12: Creating Community through commenting

All the information relayed in the readings regarding leaving comments was very useful and thought provoking. I felt as a new blogger that coolcatteacher's blog encouraging newbies not to be afraid to leave a comment very supportive. And from the 10 commandments of Blog commenting, the very first commandment seems to me to be the most important, and that is to read before you write. How many times have I opened my big mouth before I really understood a situation fully?

After 15 tries, I finally managed to actually leave my first comment on someone's blog. At least I'm persistent. And thanks to my new best friend vwb!
Just made my second comment, both have been outside the SBISD family. I was drawn to both blogs by my interests in gardening and the teaching of special ed.
I have also completed commenting on 6 learn2play blogs. Now to see if I get any replys.

2 comments:

VWB said...

yes, many of life's rules translate well to the online world as well! Think before speaking - read before writing!
now if I could just figure out a way to make my typing say what I want!

Let's Keep Reading said...

I also struggled with leaving a comment. I have so many usernames and passwords from all the sites I am visiting in this project that I got confused about which one to use. But patience paid off and I am commenting away.