Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #8 - RSS Feeds and Readers

What fun. I subscribed to several sites before I realized that I had to have a certain number of blogs also. What I like best about RSS and Newsreader is that the updates come to me, and I don't have to search for them. It is exciting because there will always be something to look forward to. I can see that this is a source for information about special ed issues( such as keeping up with sped laws as they change), as well as science issues that I may not have contemplated and that I can pass on to my co-teacher, not only regarding content, but also challenges regarding discipline. And it gives me a place to test ideas I might have with a certain amount of anonymity. Libraries could foward new blogs containing information on a particular subject to teachers or other interested parties, once they have been made aware of such desire for the information.

1 comment:

VWB said...

if it weren't for my GoogleReader I'd never make it thru all the places I can get info! glad you find it helpful as well